Friday 23 October 2015

Grammar

What if I will never learn the difference between if and when, what and that, bring and take and all other for us Dutch people difficult to learn words? If; if things are not sure, and when for things that will happen is what I need to remember.
The same with bring and take: I’ll take my books with me to class, and I will bring him to school if it rains tomorrow--> Right?

What and that, also such a terrible thing. Although, it seems to give me less trouble than before. Maybe there is still some hope for meJ

1 comment:

  1. Haha, Flora, the old conundrums, these. You are right about if and when, but bring and take is trickier. I'll take my books to class tomorrow, and then I'll bring them home. It all depends on your point of view when you say it. If you are at home, then it's as I've just said, but if you are at class, then you'd say the opposite…I've brought my books to class today, but I'll take them home afterwards….see? Easy isn't it…not!

    You're getting much better with what and that :)

    ReplyDelete